1. Think about what social media can do your business, now write them down! Look at how you’re going to measure those goals and make sure that the metrics you put in place are aligned to your business goals. One thing – be sure to not be tracking page likes because that is not important for any business.
2. Think about who your audience is? Spend a lot of time on this bit poring over your personas and what they like and what kind of content they’re going to consume and why they want to hear it from you.
3. Look in the competitive space, see what they’re doing. What kind of content do they make? Who is absolutely killing it in this space?
4. Know that you don’t always have to create everything from scratch, you can curate other people’s content, but just make sure you don’t try and pass it off as your own.
5. 80:20 rule: 80% of your content should be helping your audience and talking about things they’re interested in. 20% should be about sales. Measure, test, make tweaks, do it again.
Psst: I have a Social Media strategy course where I guide you through making your social media strategy. I give you tools and downloads that will help you set up your social media strategy.
Check out the course, it’s €99!